2007年12月10日月曜日

End of an era

Well not really, but it seems like such a long time, looking back. I guess because we had class everyday, and there was so much work - but it was so fun! I don't really understand why, usually I hate learning languages. I love Japanese though, even though I am miserable at it. I am at this point pretty confident I will be taking it next semester, assuming I don't screw up to much on the final exam. Currently I am enrolled for 2:00 again, in Cabel B020.

It is so cool to watch a japanese film or something an d understand parts. I wrote a term paper for my music class on Derrick May, and my brother sent me a great youtube video from I guess a japanese TV show that interviewed May, and I could understand a surprising amount. My brother took Chinese a few years ago, and when he was home for thanksgiving, he asked me how Japanese write china, and I wrote it for him (it's the same, apparently,) and he said I had really good stroke order - things like that make me feel good about this class. Yeah I might screw up, a lot even, but I think I have a pretty good foundation - I don't really have any loose ends, and I didn't learn anything wrong at least. I just screw up talking because I get nervous.

So I will see some of you next semester hopefully in 102, and the rest of you, thanks for helping me when I needed it, I am glad I was in the 2:00 section even if we weren't as good as some of the others. I think we had a lot of fun, and I hope to see you guys around sometime.

5 件のコメント:

eudora さんのコメント...

yes it is the end of an era...I'm not taking it next semester for many reasons already explored in my own blogpost but I'll monitor your progress with interest! haha. am so excited to jam next semester. I haven't played for a really long time so I may suck. but I can do basic beats!
And I know the feeling when you watch stuff and you understand bits of it. Like I'll be watching a raw anime or reading a manga raw and I understand some bits. it's awesome. I'll pick this up again at some point in my life, I guess.
Good luck for finals!!!!!!

jkflow さんのコメント...

I'm excited about jamming nest semester too. I kinda have wanted to play for a while, and had no one to play with- thanks for the nice nihongono kurasu guys!

Max さんのコメント...

Yeah, i am glad that we are not all going to just lose touch - I feel like our class, compared to all my other class, is such a close group for the relatively short period of time we have known each other. I am also so excited to jam with you guys! I feel like all the bands I've been in and people I jam with are all parts of the same scene, and all the bands have members in all the other bands, it will be interesting to bring in some outside blood so to speak.

Riley さんのコメント...

An era is defined as a significant period of time so of course it was an era haha. Anyway hope you make it to the next level!

Lavy さんのコメント...

Dreyer-san, thanks for organizing the post-JAPN-final-party, lol! Lemme know if you need some help (somehow i remember us using mashouka and helped Mary-san in drill session, lol)

I will be in the 10am section =( But we can still complain abt how crazy Japanese is, ne?