2007年10月19日金曜日

So this week we are to write about what makes a good blog. It's tough to think about - I guess soon we will be able to start writing posts in at least mostly Japanese; that is way cool I think and will improve our blogs somewhat. Other than that, I think a good blog post includes a bit about what we are learning in class and how the writer feels about it, (for example, right now Chapter 4 is pretty tough but I am excited because we have 'and' now, as well as a bunch of other useful things) a bit about what is going on in the writers life outside of class, and since we post of Fridays, perhaps a bit about the weekend (I am working a lot this weekend, and that is it basically) and maybe some random thing the writer is thinking about. It should be interesting but also potentially helpful to other students.

So Chapter 4. It is pretty hard, and I am working harder than ever, but it is worth it because I think I am improving a lot. My class grade is currently not exactly where I would like it to be, but I am confident that I will be able to bring it up to something I am happy with by the end of the semester if not sooner. Isn't it crazy that this semester is already half gone? It feels like it just started, and then we have midterms and stuff all over the place.

Then outside of school I am excited for a new job I just started; my friend Rick just opened a cafe on the corner, and in about a month I am going to barrista-ing there, but already I have started working as the cultural attache, and yesterday I set up a gallery showing with a local artist; next week we are going to hang the show. In addition, Rick knows tons about coffee but not much at all about tea; since I used to be a tea nerd and still drink enough tea to sink a horse I am going to be the tea supervisor. All these jobs; I am going to need to print business cards I think. Basically I am going to set up the tea menu and show Rick how to make green teas and Yerba properly. I love green tea (particularly くきちゃとほじちゃ) and I lived for a bit in Buenos Aires and picked up a fondness for Yerba Mate, but nowhere in the US I've been makes it properly. So basically I am super-stoked for this job and you guys should come check this place out, it is nice and close to the university and cheap and delicious: Fox Park, Between Black Cat and Baha Bean!

6 件のコメント:

kristine さんのコメント...

i will def have to come visit.

and i agree with chapter 4 stuff, it feels good to know we're improving, even if we work our butts off.

Riley さんのコメント...

I'll check it out, too. I'm not a tea nerd but it does taste good. I like sleepy time when I'm sick and once I had this strawberry kind that was really delicious. But maybe that sounds really stupid to a tea expert? Well anyway, chapter four is basically crazy to me...and our test is Friday...great. I hope your grade improves as much as you want it to, and hopefully mine will too.

Max さんのコメント...

Yeah I have actually been improving for chap. 4 which I am way psyched about. I think I really rocked the さくぶん as well.

I mean I am far from a tea expert, I am just a tea nerd. He does have herbal teas though primarily it is blacks, greens, and oolongs.

graff さんのコメント...

yea, chapter 4 is the devil. ill definately come check out the cafe u work at! cofee is my best friend ^^ thats cool that ur in an art gallery too dude! what kind of art do u do?

eudora さんのコメント...

hee I'm supposed to be commenting on your blog since we're in the same group thingy...
will definitely come check it out when I'm at the Corner! sounds awesome (: we just had our chapter 4 tesuto...hope we all did okay!

Max さんのコメント...

Well I am the coordinator of art for this cafe, liking setting up shows; right now I am setting up a photography showing of this girl I know.

Yeah I hope so too. But who knows. Think good thoughts.